Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Kick Start

I have had bouts of insomnia frequently most of my adult life. It’s rare that I ever really get a good solid night’s sleep. I’ve tried many things, like herbal supplements, melatonin, Tylenol PM, music, reading, cutting out the caffeine, but either I’d fall asleep and restlessly toss and turn all night, sleep ok for a couple of hours and then wake up wide awake, or I’d sleep through the night but wake up so groggy and heavy the next morning I could barely make it through the day. Recently I was having a particular difficult time as I was preparing to take an training class and exam for which I wasn’t really sure I was ready. My sister had been using these “energy chips” which supposedly had been helping her (more on that later) and told me that this same company had a “sleep chip” that I should try. I had heard her mention these chips a few times before and dismissed it as some hokey voodoo scam that someone was trying to rope her into. Skepticism has served me well over the years, and I held the firm belief that she would not fail me this time either. However, desperation began to set in as I slept the equivalent of one hour the night before my first day of class and relied on Monster energy drinks just to get through the day. If there was any way I was going to get the info I needed to pass the exam, I would HAVE to get some sleep!! So in opposition to the cynic within, I tried the chiped, placing it on my left temple as suggest. The first night, I didn’t see much benefit to be honest, and was ready to roll out the “I told you so speech.” My sister reminded me that one of the key requirements to the effectiveness of the chip is hydration…and though I do drink water, I know I don’t drink nearly enough to counteract the 2-3 cups of coffee I drink everyday, not to mention the afternoon Dr. Pepper. So I stopped on the way to class that morning, and in addition to the monster, bought a 1 Liter bottle of SmartWater. I drank that bottle and a refill throughout the rest of the day. That night I tried placing the chip on my ankle, just one finger width below the inner ankle bone – another recommended position. (This is point 6 on the kidney meridian, for you Eastern medicine buffs…this spot is supposed to promote REM sleep among other things). To my surprise….I SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE NIGHT. When I awoke the next morning, I felt refreshed. I couldn’t remember the last time I had slept so well! Concerned this might have been a fluke (come on, I couldn’t lose the skepticism THAT quickly, right?) I reserved judgment and continued the same practice over the next few nights, eliciting the SAME results! Now before anyone suggests that the success came less from the chip and more from the fact that I was focusing more on hydration, I have gone through spells of trying to focus on better hydration before, and it did not affect my sleep habits. That is one actual side benefit of using the chips…if for some reason I start to feel like the chip isn’t working, I think back and realize I probably did not have enough to drink that day. It’s helping me remember to drink more water!
After the success of the sleep chip, I became more interested in CieAura and started to ask more about how these chips work and what else they can help with. (Rather than go into complete detail here on how the chips work, you can go to http://superpower.cieaura.com/index.html and read more about the technology. ) Working on the same concept as acupuncture, they are small sticker-like chips which are computer programmed with holographic data that interact with the biomagnetic field surrounding the human body, causing the body to bring it’s energies into balance. When I first heard that, I thought, ‘what a bunch of mumbo jumbo…holograms? Like in Star Wars??’ But holographic data storage is actually a proven concept – http://www.bell-labs.com/org/physicalsciences/projects/hdhds/1.html. And if you question the power of the body’s biomagnetic field, try to put a glove on and activate the touch screen on an iPhone. It won’t work.
I figured, after the success of the sleep chip, why not give the others a try. I typically have low energy throughout the day…obviously, if I had not been getting enough sleep…and even after using the sleep chip, I would still get that low energy feeling later in the day, where I just felt like I wanted to take a nap. So, I tried using the energy chip, placing it on my back just below left shoulder blade. I actually misinterpreted the location that the brochure recommended, but surprisingly after about 30 minutes I felt like I had more energy. It wasn’t a sharp burst of energy, like you get from taking a Red Bull or Monster, but it also didn’t have the come down that accompany those products. It really gave me just enough of a boost to actually focus on work and not feel so run down. Chip #2 – SUCCESS!!
Ok, then it was on to the pain chip. Now I’m 37 years old, and not in the best shape. It’s not surprising that I would have a few minor aches and pains. I actually woke up on a Monday morning with pain radiating from the sciatica nerve. I’ve had this numerous times in the past…probably caused by bad posture from sitting at my computer 9-10 hours a day…or tossing and turning during all those restlesss nights of sleep. This morning though, I had a secret weapon! I placed the chip on my lower back on the left side, just below the waistband of my underwear. About 15 minutes later, the pain was GONE. I couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t just reduced, it was GONE. This clinched it…I was a believer in CieAura. I have since used it with success on my knee, where my illiotibial tendonitis flairs up on days when I exercise or stand/walk excessively.

With the newfound energy I'm feeling from the great sleep, I decided I need to try and get to be a healthier me. Now, I'm not gonna go all vegan or probably even be one of those people who eats nothing but organic foods and shops exclusively at Whole Foods or Sprouts for everything...though I do shop there!...but I do want to improve my diet and exercise. In fact, I joined 24 hour fitness recently and even signed up to work with a personal trainer. I'm hoping that this blog will help keep me accountable for my progress...if I can stick to it. I'm kind of bad about starting things and not finishing them....so if anyone actually reads this, please help me stick to my goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment